Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)
Please go to www.nh.gov/covid19/ for all-up-to-date information regarding Covid-19 virus in New Hampshire
Recent Events at Bedford CERT
Fall and Winter Safety Tips...
1. Service snowblower and backup generator.
2. Replace batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
3. Have furnace serviced, filters replaced and chimney cleaned.
4. Store sand/salt for application on icy walkways and driveway
5. Restock Emergency kit and medicine cabinet
-water, food, flashlights -properly discard old medications
6. Children are at school bus-stops... drive carefully
7. Check home security systems, cameras, doors, windows
8. Check home fire extinguishers
9. Create or review family emergency plans and provisions
10. Assess home areas for safety and remove clutter
11. Use appropriate safekeeping for valuables and weapons
12. Leaves and ice on roads with solar glare... drive carefully
13. Put windshield ice scrapers in autos.. find snow shovels
14. Check in on elderly during winter storms or power outages
15. Tread carefully on snow and ice.
16. GET A FLU SHOT!
17. If hiking during hunting season, wear blaze orange clothing and don't forget the dog!
Contact Ray Lessard at email@example.com to register for the next class...
Have you signed up for Nixle alerts yet??
It's free - get breaking news on events happening in our area!
Go to www.nixle.com to signup!